Sterimed Medical Implants UK Ltd– Website Sales Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms and conditions that apply to the sale of Goods by us, Sterimed Medical Implants UK Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 12998734, whose registered office address is International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, United Kingdom, EC1A 2BN.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“Consumer” is as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
“Contract” means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods, as explained in clause 3;
“Customer” means you, the individual placing an Order with us;
“Goods” means the Goods which are to be supplied by us to you as specified in your Order (and confirmed in our Order Confirmation). For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, Goods include all items available for purchase via our Website;
“Order” means your order for the Goods;
“Order Confirmation” means our acceptance and confirmation of your Order as described in clause 3;
“We/Us/Our” means us, Sterimed Medical Implants UK Ltd, and includes all employees and agents of ours; and
“Website” means https://doctoressentials.co.uk/.
- Each reference in these Terms and Conditions to “writing” and “written”
includes electronic communications such as e-mail.
2. Access to and Use of Our Website
- Access to our Website is free of charge. It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access our
- Access to our Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our Website (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our Website (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any
3. The Contract
- These Terms and Conditions govern the sale of all Goods by us and will form the basis of the Contract between you and If you wish to place an Order with us, our Website will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to us, you will be given the opportunity to review and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order and that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting it. If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
- In order to place an order via the Website, you may be required to create an Account, which will contain certain personal details about you. By continuing to use this Website, you represent and warrant that all information you submit is accurate and truthful, you have permission to submit payment information where permission may be required, and you will keep your Account details accurate and up-to-date.
- No part of our Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once we have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between you and us. Order Confirmations will be provided in writing and will contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the Goods ordered with fully itemised pricing including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery (where applicable) and other additional charges;
- Our identity and contact details;
- The estimated delivery date(s) and time(s), where
- If we, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If we have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible (in any event, within 14 days).
- Once your Order has been accepted as detailed in clause 3.3, we cannot accept any changes to
4. Description and Specification of Goods
- We have made every reasonable effort to ensure that the Goods conform to the photographs and descriptions provided in our sales and marketing literature and on our Website. We cannot, however, guarantee that all photographs and descriptions will be precisely accurate. Please note in particular, certain colours may look different to the actual colour of the Goods, when displayed on your computer, phone or
- We reserve the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods that may be required to conform to any applicable safety or other legal or
regulatory requirements, without notice.
- We neither represent nor warrant that particular Goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on our Website. If the Goods are not available, the provisions of clause 4 will apply.
5. Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods will be that shown on our Website at the time of your Order. Our prices may change at any time but these changes will not affect any Orders that we have already accepted.
- We have made every reasonable effort to ensure that our prices, as shown in our current sales and marketing literature and on our Website are If we find, or are made aware of, any typographical, clerical or other accidental errors or omissions in our sales and marketing literature or on our Website, we will make every reasonable effort to correct such errors or omissions as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If there is an obvious pricing error on our Website, we will be under no obligation to provide the Goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the price error is unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a Prices will be checked when we process your Order.
- All prices exclude VAT, which will be calculated at checkout. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your Order and the date of your payment, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you must Changes in VAT will not affect any prices where we have already received payment in full from you.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of the Goods on our Delivery options and any related charges will be presented to you as part of the Order process, where applicable. Payment for the Goods and any related delivery charges must always be made at the time of Order and you will be prompted to pay during the Order process.
- All payments made via the Website will go through Stripe. No credit or debit card information is provided to us and completion of the transaction will be subject to you agreeing to Stripe’s terms and A separate contractual relationship is created between you and Stripe and we cannot be held liable for any errors, actions, omissions or incorrect charges that may be made by Stripe.
6. Your Account
- Sharing of Accounts is not permitted unless we expressly authorise this in You are required to keep your Account details confidential and must not reveal your username and password to anyone. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser. We also recommend the password you choose is strong and secure, containing a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, and is changed regularly.
- When using our Website, creating an Account or publishing information, you must not submit content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory or Any failure to comply with this clause could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account. Further information and restrictions on the use of our Website is detailed in the policies available on the Website.
- All Goods purchased through our Website will normally be delivered within 30 calendar days after the date of our Order Confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the Order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of our control – see clause 14).
- Orders will be delivered by post – you may be required to sign for the order if it is over a certain value. Should your Order not arrive by the estimated delivery date, you should contact us in writing as soon as possible so we can
- If no one is available at your delivery address to receive the Goods and the Goods cannot be posted through your letterbox or left in a safe place nominated by you, the delivery company will leave a delivery note explaining how to rearrange delivery or where to collect the
- If we cannot contact you or arrange redelivery or collection, we will treat the Contract as cancelled and recover the Goods. If this happens, you will be refunded the purchase price of the Goods themselves, but not the cost of delivery. We may also bill you for any reasonable additional cost that we incur in recovering the
- Delivery will be deemed to have taken place when the Goods have been delivered to the delivery address indicated in your Order and you (or someone identified by you) have taken physical possession of the
- The responsibility (sometimes referred to as the “risk”) for the Goods remains with us until delivery is complete as defined in clause 5, at which point it will pass to you. You own the Goods only once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
8. Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
- By law, we must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre- contract information we have provided. If any Goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) Goods, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible to inform us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for the following remedy/remedies:
- Beginning on the day that you receive the Goods (and ownership of them) you have a 30 calendar day right to reject the Goods and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated
- If you do not wish to reject the Goods, or if the 30 calendar day rejection period has expired, you may request a We will bear any associated costs and will provide the replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you. In certain circumstances, where a replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, we may instead offer you a full refund. If you request a replacement during the 30 calendar day rejection period, that period will be suspended while we provide the replacement and will resume on the day that you receive the replacement Goods. If less than 7 calendar days remain out of the original period, it will be extended to 7 calendar days.
- If, after replacement, the Goods still do not conform (or if we have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you), you may have the right either to keep the Goods at a reduced price, or to reject them in exchange for a
- If you exercise the final right to reject the goods more than six months after you have received the Goods, we may reduce any refund to reflect the use that you have had out of the
- Within a period of six years after you have received the Goods (and ownership of them), if the Goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to a partial refund. Please be aware that after six months have passed since you received the Goods, the burden of proof will be on you to prove that the defect or non-conformity existed at the time of
- Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this clause 8 if we informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the Goods before you purchased them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them); if you have purchased the Goods for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to us and the problem has resulted from your use of the Goods for that purpose; or if the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage. Please also note that you may not return Goods to us under this clause 8 merely because you have changed your mind. If you are a Consumer as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have a legal right to a 14 calendar day cooling-off period within which you can return Goods for this reason. Please refer to clause 9 for more
- To return Goods to us for any reason under this clause 8, please contact us to arrange for the return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning Goods under this clause 8 and will reimburse you where
- Refunds under this clause 8 will be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which we agree that you are entitled to the
- Any and all refunds issued under this clause 8 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Goods were originally purchased and will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods, unless you specifically request that we make a refund using a different
9. Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
- If you are a Consumer as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for the provision of Goods for any This period begins once your Order is complete and we have sent you your Order Confirmation, i.e. when the Contract between you and us is formed. You may also cancel for any reason before we send the Order Confirmation.
- The legal cooling-off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you (or someone you nominate) receive(s) the final instalment of
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this clause 9, you must inform us of your decision within the cooling-off period. You may do so in any way you wish, however for your convenience we offer a cancellation form on our Website and will include a link to it with the Order Cancellation by email or by post is effective from the date on which you send us your message. Please note that the cooling-off period lasts for whole calendar days. If, for example, you send us an email or letter by 23:59:59 on the final day of the cooling-off period, your cancellation will be valid and accepted. If you would prefer to contact us directly to cancel, please use the contact form available on our Website.
- Please note that you may lose your legal right to cancel under this clause 9 if: the Goods are sealed for hygiene reasons and you have unsealed those Goods after receiving them; the Goods consist of sealed audio or video
recordings or computer software and you have unsealed the Goods after receiving them; the Goods are likely to deteriorate quickly, e.g. flowers or food; or the Goods have been personalised or custom-made for you.
- Please ensure that you return Goods to us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you informed us of your wish to cancel under this clause
- You may return Goods to us by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice. Please contact us to obtain details of the returns address. Please note that you must bear the costs of returning Goods to us if cancelling under this clause We will reimburse standard delivery charges in full as part of your refund. However, we cannot reimburse for premium delivery.
- Refunds under this clause 9 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days from:
- the day on which we receive the Goods back; or
- the day on which you inform us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the Goods back (if this is earlier than the day under clause 7.1);
- if we have not yet provided an Order Confirmation or have not yet dispatched the Goods, the day on which you inform us that you wish to cancel the
- Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the Goods resulting from your excessive handling of them (e.g. no more than would be permitted in a shop). Please note that if we issue a refund before we have received the Goods and have had a chance to inspect them, we may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if we find that the Goods have been handled
- Refunds under this clause 9 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods, unless you specifically request that we make a refund using a different
10. Cancellations by Us
- We may cancel your Order at any time before we despatch the Goods to you, if the Goods are no longer in stock and we are unable to re-stock (if, for example, the Goods are discontinued); or If an event outside of our control occurs (please see clause 14 for events outside of our control).
- If we cancel your Order and you have already paid for the Goods under clause 5, the payment will be refunded to you within 14 days. If we cancel your Order, the cancellation will be confirmed by us in
11. Cancellation After the Cooling Off Period and for Non-Consumers
- Where the Customer is not a Consumer, or should any Consumer cancel an order with us after the expiry of the cooling off period above, no Order which has been accepted by us may be cancelled except with our agreement in writing on the terms that the Customer shall indemnify us in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, restocking, charges and expenses incurred by us as a result of such
- If, on delivery, you are not satisfied with the Goods and wish to return them, you may do so only provided:
- you inspect the Goods on delivery. Where the Goods cannot be examined the delivery note or such other note as appropriate shall be marked “not examined”.
- you inform us that you wish to return the Goods within 48 hours of delivery;
- the Goods remain in their original condition (as delivered);
- the Goods are returned at your risk and you agree to bear the cost of delivery to us; and
- you indemnify us against any cost incurred by us in rectifying any deterioration of the Goods caused by incorrect storage or use while in your
- All Goods must be returned to us under this clause 11 in their original condition, in their original, un-opened packaging, accompanied by proof of
- Replacement of the Goods (or the defective part thereof), or any credit or refund offered at our discretion, shall be issued to you only upon the receipt of the Goods in accordance with this clause 11.
- If you require an advance replacement and we agree to this, you will be required to pay for the advance replacement up front and we will credit or refund this to you only once we receive the original Goods, provided we have confirmed the Goods were damaged or The original Goods must be returned to us within 30 days. In sending an advance replacement, we are not admitting any liability for any defect or otherwise.
12. Intellectual Property Rights
- All content on the Website including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, sound and video clips, data, page layout, underlying code and software is our property or that of our contributors. By using the Website you acknowledge that such content is protected by applicable intellectual property laws.
- You may not copy, rent, sell, publish, republish, share, broadcast or
otherwise transmit the paid content (or any part of it) or make it available to the public except as permitted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 and any amendments to it.
13. Our Liability
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence or breach of contract. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not
- Under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity
- We provide advice and guidance on our Website and in our literature available for download from the Website. Nothing in this information is intended to provide medical It is intended for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In addition, if you have downloaded literature from our Website, please be aware this may no longer be the most current information.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (including that of our employees or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit any of your rights as a Consumer. More information on your rights as a Consumer can be obtained from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure): We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: failure of any sub-contractor, power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism or war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our
15. Communication, Complaints and Feedback
- If you wish to contact us in writing, please use the contact form on our
- We always welcome feedback from our customers and, whilst we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint. If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, please contact us in writing so we can
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that we may collect will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and your rights under that
- We may use your personal information to provide our Goods and services to you, process your payment for the Goods, send our newsletter to you; and/or inform you of new Goods available from us. You may request that we stop sending you this information at any We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
17. Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (if, for example, we sell our business). If this occurs you will be informed by us in Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract) without our express written
- The Contract is between you and It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms & Conditions and the remainder will be valid and
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms
and Conditions means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions and the Contract between you and us will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will fall within the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and